SYEDWALA

       HISTORY OF SYEDWALA

 History of Syedwala can be divided in three phases.

 

v    Qadeem Syedwala

v    Purana Syedwala

v    New Syedwala

 

 

QADEEM SYEDWALA

 

Sher Shah Suri (               ) laid the foundation of syedwala. It was the time of his power. Suri was very much interested in building new cities, roads and buildings according to his military requirements. When his Army passed near Syedwala, he felt the importance of that area due to a hub point for almost all areas of Punjab. Ravi River was also a plus point which made his decision firm to build a city here. So he ordered to build a city and people living in different locations nearby started coming in that fort, because it was safe, clean and was governed by the ruler himself.

                                        In 19661 when Mughal Ruler Hazrat Muhauu-din-Aurang Zaib Aalimgir was the ruler of sub-continent, a great flood destroyed the city of Syedwala. Syedwala was becoming a home of trade and art through out the area. But after the flood it became very difficult to continue its development. Soon after the destruction of the city, anew city was constructed 03 Miles away from the destroyed city. In a few years Syedwala again began to excel in the fields of Art and Culture. Syedwala became the home of Trade and Industry.

 

v    In 1804 Maharaja Ranjeet Singh won the city of Syedwala up till  the rule of British Empire Syedwala remained in the hands of Sikhs.

v    In 1812 to 1849 Syedwala remained a part of Jangh Province.

v    In March 1849 Syedwala became a part of District Paakpatan instead of Jhang.

v    In 1855 Syedwala merged in Gogera Tehsil.

v    In 1864 Syedwala became a part of Minitgumary (Sahiwal).

v    In 1881 Syedwala was class 03 town Municipal Committee. At that time Sheikhupura was a small pind.

v    01 April 1913 Syedwala merged in District  Lailpur (Faisalabad) including its 137 pinds.

v    In 1922 Syedwala merged in District Sheikhupura.

v    In 1922 (same day) Syedwala merged in Nankana Sahib.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

FORT OF QADEEM SYEDWALA

 

Fort of Syedwala was spread over 35 Acres of land. Fort was 62 Kilometers away from Lahore at the bank of Ravi River. There were 12 doors of this great city of Syedwala. All doors remained open in the day time and only one remained open as the sun sets. That was the only way of transportation in and out of city. That door was guarded by the Sentries. This is a great sign of administration and security of the city.

 

CASTS IN QADEEM SYEDWALA

 

There were 04 casts at that time.

1)    Syed

2)    Mughal

3)    Chakray

4)    Arain

 

IMPORTANCE OF QADEEM SYEDWALA

 

Qadeem Syedwala was the center fo the roads, a hub point of whole the Punjab and associated areas. For example

v    Multan to Kamalia

v    Multan to Gogera

v    Paakpatan to Gogera

v    Satghra to Joeya

v    Shahkot to Jaranwala

v    Chiniot to Jhumra

v    Dipalpur to Kohla Lisharian

v    Lahore to Bucheki

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PURANA SYEDWALA

 

After the destruction of Qadeem Syedwala a new city was constructed, now named as Purana Syedwala. 32 Acres of land was collected for the construction of this city.

 

FORT OF PURANA SYEDWALA

                   

City was divided into 04 equal parts. Each part was separated by a road. All of 04 roads meet at the same point in the center. Whole city was surrounded by a great wall. Easter side (full), North east and South west (half) was for Hindus. Rest all was for Muslims. There were 75 wells in the city.

                                                                                          This city was also destroyed by flood in three steps. First flood in 1920 ruined the on third of the city. Half of the city was demolished by the flood in 1940. And the whole city vanished in the last flood in 1957-1958. At that time population of Purana Syedwala was 3156.

 

REASON TO BE A FAMOUS CITY

 

Purana Syedwala was famous among all the sub-continent due to its industry of “KANSI BARTAN”. This was the main source of earning after agriculture at that time. This city was becoming a heart of Art, Culture and Prosperity day by day but after the destruction of this city, most of the workers migrated to Jhang. And now Jhang is famous for the same industry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

NEW SYEDWALA

 

After the flood of 1957-1958 people of Syedwal started migration. On 12 August 1958 first house was built by Mauj Din S/O Munir Khan Rajput, Mohammad Ikrar S/O Khan Rajput. House was completely built in 02 years. Migrated population was 12000 and 04 Mohallahs or Blocks were established. These were

v    Arainian

v    Rajputan

v    Union Council

v    Sheikhan

On 09 October 1987 a flood again tried to destroy the New Syedwala but new city was 02 Kilometers away from River. City remained save but flood produced a great panic and disturbance among the peoples of New Syedwala. To avoid this kind of panic and harassment again, the Deputy Commissioner of Sheikhupura Shekh Izhar-ul-Haq worked for establishment of city in a sense of design and development. He wanted administrate the city with a map and town committee. He ordered Naib Tehsildar of Nankana Sahib Basheer Ahmed for survey of the new city.

 

MAP OF NEW SYEDWALA

 

v    102 Acres of land

v    City was divided into 04 equal parts

v    Main bazaar was 55 feel apart

v    East West streets were 27 feel apart

v    North East streets were 16 feet apart

 

INDUSTRIES

 

v    Rice Factories (07)

v    Ice Factories (03)

v    Poltery Forms (15)

 

FAMOUS ARTS AND HAND MADE ITEMS

 

v    Qaleen

v    Huqqa

v    Dranti

v    Khussa

v    Chappal, Boots

v    Muqeesh

v    Zaiwar

Notice Board

Visit to Graves of Mirza Sahiba has been updated in Photo Gallery page. Please Visit

Recent Videos

368 views - 0 comments
266 views - 0 comments
262 views - 0 comments

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day